A series of updates of popular BlackBerry® apps will be released over the coming days to make it even easier for users to stay connected with their BBM contacts. Research In Motion (RIM)on the 12th of April announced that Facebook for BlackBerry, Twitter for BlackBerry, BlackBerry Travel™, BlackBerry App World™ and BBM Music will now include BB Messenger connectivity. This would make it easier for users to stay in touch with their contacts, share experiences and content, and discover new things from their BBM contact list.
“Since we provided developers the means to build BBM connectivity into their apps, we have seen more than 800 hundred new BBM-connected apps come to market, which has been followed by a huge uptake by users – about one of every five apps being downloaded on BlackBerry App World is a BBM-connected app,” said Alec Saunders, VP of Developer Relations at RIM. “Today we’re excited to announce that RIM has also integrated BBM connectivity into a number of our own popular apps and the BBM-connected revolution continues to grow.”
What are The Upgrades:
Facebook and Twitter Apps Integrated with BBM – Facebook for BlackBerry (V3.0) and Twitter for BlackBerry (V3.0) both now allow users to automatically share their Facebook status and any tweet with their BBM contacts right from within the app. You will see this when you tweet and the App asks you to ‘share with BBM contacts’.
BlackBerry Travel Goes Social – The new BlackBerry Travel app (V2.5) is now BBM-connected. It allows users to share their travel plans and flight changes directly with select BBM contacts or with an entire BBM contact list.
App Sharing – With BBM (V6.2) and BlackBerry App World (V3.1.2), users can now easily update their BBM profile to let their friends know about the great new app they’ve just downloaded on BlackBerry App World. With this updated V of BlackBerry App World, BB enthusiasts can also instantly share info about their favorite app or a list of their installed apps with friends using BlackBerry® Tag although this is only available to BlackBerry phones with the NFC (Near Field Communication) hardware chip.
BBM Music – Using enhanced BBM Music (V1.2), BBM friends can recommend music to members on their contact lists right from within the BBM Music app itself. This makes it easier for users to know what music their friends are listening to and possibly share this same music. The new feature even allows users to sample others’ songs before accepting new contacts on BBM Music.
Newer BBM – Alongside massive integration with BlackBerry App World, BBM (V6.2) now features a more polished, enhanced and more personal experience with a new-ish look. You now get several avatars (including animated ones), a simpler way of updating one’s personal message in their profile, and now users are able to quickly send voice notes to each other. Pretty cool, huh?
Availability – Twitter for BlackBerry (V3.0) is now available. Facebook for BlackBerry (V3.0), BlackBerry Travel (V2.5), BlackBerry App World (V3.1.2), BBM Music (V2.1) and BBM (V6.2) are scheduled to be available for download before end of April. Most probably sooner though with official statement being 22nd April.
Your Life Companion- Galaxy S4
Indigo, Microsoft, GoK – Mawingu Project
Mozilla Community Stuff:
- Akirachix Mobile Garage 2013: Application Pitches
- Tumblr now Belongs To Yahoo
- 6 Million Galaxy S4 Units Shipped So Far: 42000 A Day in First 4 Days
- SMEs Becoming More CyberEspionage Vulnerable, Symantec
- What Next For Bharti Airtel After Warid Telkom Acquisition?
- New Nokia Asha 501 has Free Data Hook Ups from Facebook
- Google Beba Pay: Is Kenya Ready For Public Transport Debit Cards?
- Laptops for Kenyan Class Ones, Compelling Lessons from Ethiopia
- Respecting IP Laws, Anti Piracy and Why You Need to Use Legit Software
- Warid Telecom Finally Bought by Bharti Airtel – the Before and After
- David Okwii on South Korean KOICA to Build 5.6 Million USD ICT Centre in Kigali, Rwanda
- David Okwii on Microsoft Retiring Windows XP; End Of Support Coming on 8-4-2014
- Twitter 102 | Qube - Digital Agency on Twitter 101.
- Tech Links Around Africa, March 2013 | WhiteAfrican on Intel, iHub partner to Support Mobile App Development in Africa thru Tech Hubs
- Kevin on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Omelette on About JuuChini
- Khatib on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- phil on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Sam on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Winfred munguti on Contact us