Health information is the backbone of any society. When you have bad health, it doesn’t matter what else you have because you might as well have little or nothing. Health is a vital component to increase in its members’ productivity for economical, political or social gain for any country or community.
iAfya is a health information application available to all mobile and fixed internet users which targets to become Africa’s main source of verified quality health information and related services.
Both the web-app and mobile versions offer a suite of reliable information that users will find simple to read, understand and implement. The platforms offers health information to consumers Read more »
As you’ve likely heard, BlackBerry AppWorld is now accepting app submissions for BlackBerry 10! This means that apps submitted to the store starting October 2012 will be guaranteed to be reviewed and ready for launch. This is a huge opportunity to be the first into the store and to capitalize on the app-hungry market.
The sooner you get your app into the store, the sooner it can be tested for the Built for BlackBerry program; and if it’s tested and is certified you then qualify for the 10k Developer Commitment. And to top it off; they’re going to give you preferred carousel placements as a thank you to devs who get their apps into App World in October and November. How can anyone beat that? Read more »
A series of updates of popular BlackBerry® apps will be released over the coming days to make it even easier for users to stay connected with their BBM contacts. Research In Motion (RIM)on the 12th of April announced that Facebook for BlackBerry, Twitter for BlackBerry, BlackBerry Travel™, BlackBerry App World™ and BBM Music will now include BB Messenger connectivity. This would make it easier for users to stay in touch with their contacts, share experiences and content, and discover new things from their BBM contact list.
“Since we provided developers the means to build BBM connectivity into their apps, we have seen more than 800 hundred new BBM-connected apps come to market, which has been followed by a huge uptake by users – about one of every five apps being downloaded on BlackBerry App World is a BBM-connected app,” said Alec Saunders, VP of Developer Relations at RIM. “Today we’re excited to announce that RIM has also integrated BBM connectivity into a number of our own popular apps and the BBM-connected revolution continues to grow.” Read more »
Research In Motion (RIM) will soon be launching the gold release of the BlackBerry Theme Studio 6, a free and powerful device personalization suite of tools that includes the Theme Builder for creating themes, and the BlackBerry Composer for creating animations and graphics to use in themes.
This new release of Theme Studio makes it even easier for users and professional designers to customize virtually everything, including backgrounds, sound effects and ringtones, icons and menus, and fonts. You can even add animations and screen transitions.
This comes amid a more recent revelation that Blackberry developers would be able to download the SDK’s for completing the APIs related to the device enabling many developers to become ambitious and creative on the programming front. Read more »
Your Life Companion- Galaxy S4
Indigo, Microsoft, GoK – Mawingu Project
Mozilla Community Stuff:
- The Dadaab No One Tells You About
- Akirachix Mobile Garage 2013: Application Pitches
- Tumblr now Belongs To Yahoo
- 6 Million Galaxy S4 Units Shipped So Far: 42000 A Day in First 4 Days
- SMEs Becoming More CyberEspionage Vulnerable, Symantec
- What Next For Bharti Airtel After Warid Telkom Acquisition?
- New Nokia Asha 501 has Free Data Hook Ups from Facebook
- Google Beba Pay: Is Kenya Ready For Public Transport Debit Cards?
- Laptops for Kenyan Class Ones, Compelling Lessons from Ethiopia
- Respecting IP Laws, Anti Piracy and Why You Need to Use Legit Software
- Mo on The Dadaab No One Tells You About
- David Okwii on South Korean KOICA to Build 5.6 Million USD ICT Centre in Kigali, Rwanda
- David Okwii on Microsoft Retiring Windows XP; End Of Support Coming on 8-4-2014
- Twitter 102 | Qube - Digital Agency on Twitter 101.
- Tech Links Around Africa, March 2013 | WhiteAfrican on Intel, iHub partner to Support Mobile App Development in Africa thru Tech Hubs
- Kevin on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Omelette on About JuuChini
- Khatib on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- phil on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Sam on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review