My BBM contacts @ninanjira and @ahendaa always used to ask me how to get radio on their BlackBerry smartphones. I didn’t know how to answer these questions so I always avoided both their BBM until the realized I didn’t want to admit regular BBs didn’t have FM Radio. Well, ladies, you can now have a BB that comes with FM Radio pre-installed. This is the new Curve 9320.
This new BlackBerry® Curve™ 9320 smartphone features all the core BlackBerry Messaging and social-centric features and offers global 3G connectivity backed by long battery life to allow users to make the most of their day. The emphasis here is on long battery life; a first from BB that even I want to try out now. Read more »
I just got the new BlackBerry Torch 2 to cop a feel of how owning a super-user device should be like and on the same day I got it, a friend of mine was jazzed at how easily I navigated on my device pretty much effortlessly. She therefore asked me to do a blog-post on how to navigate a BB successfully (successfully here meaning using intelligent shortcuts here and there instead of using the long, boring routes and procedures.)
This post has been done with the hope that you will get to see the fun side of using a BlackBerry.
Here are a few tips to guide you:
Shortcuts to get to know some information on your BlackBerry – When someone asks you either for your BB PIN or your BB Make and OS Version, simply go to a new text message of email. For getting your PIN just type “mypin” (without the quotes and immediately you put a space after the letter ‘n’, your PIN appears). To get the BlackBerry make and Operating System version type “myver”. Read more »
Free Online Service Helps Small Businesses Centrally Manage and Protect BlackBerry Smartphones in the Cloud.
BlackBerry Management Center makes it easy to manage company- or employee-owned smartphones in the cloud, and helps to minimize risk from lost or stolen handsets to keep business moving forward. Small businesses can use the service to:
- ->Wirelessly back up BlackBerry smartphones automatically on a daily, weekly or monthly basis to aid in the recovery of lost business-related content stored on the handset
- ->Protect content on an employee’s lost or stolen BlackBerry smartphone by remotely locking it and, if necessary, wiping the contents, including the microSD card
- ->Locate a lost BlackBerry smartphone by remotely locking it, initiating a loud ring, and displaying a message on the Home screen
- ->Easily restore the settings and content on a new or replacement device
- ->Reset a password
BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) Social Platform officially goes into public beta.
This means that the BlackBerry developer community can now take advantage of the powerful social aspects of the ultra popular BBM service (an active user base of over 35 million). The BBM Social Platform was first announced at the BlackBerry DEVCON 2010 (http://press.rim.com/release.jsp?id=4555).
Enhanced Developer Experience – Empowering features
With this beta release, Java developers have access to APIs and features that allow them to build important functions into their applications. They are user permission based and include accessing and updating fields in the user’s profile, creating custom areas within the user’s profile, initiating and embedding chats with friends, initiating file transfers, sharing applications virally with friends in their contact list. Read more »
Your Life Companion- Galaxy S4
Indigo, Microsoft, GoK – Mawingu Project
Mozilla Community Stuff:
- Akirachix Mobile Garage 2013: Application Pitches
- Tumblr now Belongs To Yahoo
- 6 Million Galaxy S4 Units Shipped So Far: 42000 A Day in First 4 Days
- SMEs Becoming More CyberEspionage Vulnerable, Symantec
- What Next For Bharti Airtel After Warid Telkom Acquisition?
- New Nokia Asha 501 has Free Data Hook Ups from Facebook
- Google Beba Pay: Is Kenya Ready For Public Transport Debit Cards?
- Laptops for Kenyan Class Ones, Compelling Lessons from Ethiopia
- Respecting IP Laws, Anti Piracy and Why You Need to Use Legit Software
- Warid Telecom Finally Bought by Bharti Airtel – the Before and After
- David Okwii on South Korean KOICA to Build 5.6 Million USD ICT Centre in Kigali, Rwanda
- David Okwii on Microsoft Retiring Windows XP; End Of Support Coming on 8-4-2014
- Twitter 102 | Qube - Digital Agency on Twitter 101.
- Tech Links Around Africa, March 2013 | WhiteAfrican on Intel, iHub partner to Support Mobile App Development in Africa thru Tech Hubs
- Kevin on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Omelette on About JuuChini
- Khatib on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- phil on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Sam on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Winfred munguti on Contact us