In the event held last Friday at the Alliance Francaise, Waldi Wepener, Regional Director for the African Region at RIM, confirmed that he is really excited about the introduction of this Operating System and its devices in this part of the world, specifically an emerging market.
In an interview with Juuchini Media, Mr. Wepener said that he believes BlackBerry OS 7 will be hugely popular because it is a robust OS. Read more »
BlackBerry has not had a great time this past month. The device manufacturer faced quite the truck load of criticism and down-right discredit for their recent service outage that spanned across major regions of NorthAmerica, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Aside from that, today marks Day 2 of BlackBerry Developer Conference Americas. The event is being held in San Fransisco in the USA and has attracted developers interested in the BB OS platform that currently runs the BlackBerry smart phones as well as the BlackBerry PlayBook, a tablet produced by their device manufacturer RIM.
BlackBerry developers and enthusiasts will now get to interact with a new mobile platform announced today called the BBX which is a mixture of the BlackBerry OS and QNX, a commercial Unix-like realtime operating system primarily used in embedded systems.
QNX is said to assist in combining the best of both worlds to give a full-on experience for users on the BlackBerry service as well as the devices aligned with RIM. Read more »
Your Life Companion- Galaxy S4
Indigo, Microsoft, GoK – Mawingu Project
Mozilla Community Stuff:
- The Dadaab No One Tells You About
- Akirachix Mobile Garage 2013: Application Pitches
- Tumblr now Belongs To Yahoo
- 6 Million Galaxy S4 Units Shipped So Far: 42000 A Day in First 4 Days
- SMEs Becoming More CyberEspionage Vulnerable, Symantec
- What Next For Bharti Airtel After Warid Telkom Acquisition?
- New Nokia Asha 501 has Free Data Hook Ups from Facebook
- Google Beba Pay: Is Kenya Ready For Public Transport Debit Cards?
- Laptops for Kenyan Class Ones, Compelling Lessons from Ethiopia
- Respecting IP Laws, Anti Piracy and Why You Need to Use Legit Software
- David Okwii on South Korean KOICA to Build 5.6 Million USD ICT Centre in Kigali, Rwanda
- David Okwii on Microsoft Retiring Windows XP; End Of Support Coming on 8-4-2014
- Twitter 102 | Qube - Digital Agency on Twitter 101.
- Tech Links Around Africa, March 2013 | WhiteAfrican on Intel, iHub partner to Support Mobile App Development in Africa thru Tech Hubs
- Kevin on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Omelette on About JuuChini
- Khatib on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- phil on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Sam on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Winfred munguti on Contact us