We all have friends. And one or two, if not most, of our friends enjoy alcohol. Now out of these friends, there are those who love to drunk dial us. Or worse still, drunk text us. A drunk text is an incoherent text from a drunk person that makes us judge our friends and then dismiss that judgement once we realize they are drunk. InMobi, the world’s largest mobile advertising company recently presented research done in July of 2012 around alcohol consumption and use of mobile phones while consuming alcohol. They have finally confirmed what we may have all along suspected: Kenyan consumers turn to their mobile phones when they’re drinking – and more than three-quarters of them are likely to post photos on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter while under the influence. Don’t we all know of those friends who put up pictures they always end up regretting the next day after some heavy partying? Yes, I am referring to them. Read more »
InMobi, recently released insights on Kenyan shoppers and their behaviour particularly when making purchase decisions in retail shops. The research was based on a survey spread over a sample of 503 respondents across Greater Nairobi, Eldoret, Kisumu, Mombasa, Nakuru and Nyeri and a few other less prominent areas like rural towns.
Findings reveal that 65% of shoppers are influenced by their mobile phones when making a decision to buy groceries at a local supermarket. In specialty or boutique stores, consumers use mobile 34% of the time to augment their shopping experience, but the majority augment their shopping experience with a mobile phone when in malls or department stores; a larger 31% of respondents. Interestingly, 29% of consumers are using their mobile phones while shopping at street traders either to compare product prices to major retailers or check availability in those retailers. “The mobile phone has become the consumer’s constant companion and Read more »
Your Life Companion- Galaxy S4
Indigo, Microsoft, GoK – Mawingu Project
Mozilla Community Stuff:
- Tumblr now Belongs To Yahoo
- 6 Million Galaxy S4 Units Shipped So Far: 42000 A Day in First 4 Days
- SMEs Becoming More CyberEspionage Vulnerable, Symantec
- What Next For Bharti Airtel After Warid Telkom Acquisition?
- New Nokia Asha 501 has Free Data Hook Ups from Facebook
- Google Beba Pay: Is Kenya Ready For Public Transport Debit Cards?
- Laptops for Kenyan Class Ones, Compelling Lessons from Ethiopia
- Respecting IP Laws, Anti Piracy and Why You Need to Use Legit Software
- Warid Telecom Finally Bought by Bharti Airtel – the Before and After
- The Innovation Prize for Africa Announces its 2013 Finalists
- David Okwii on South Korean KOICA to Build 5.6 Million USD ICT Centre in Kigali, Rwanda
- David Okwii on Microsoft Retiring Windows XP; End Of Support Coming on 8-4-2014
- Twitter 102 | Qube - Digital Agency on Twitter 101.
- Tech Links Around Africa, March 2013 | WhiteAfrican on Intel, iHub partner to Support Mobile App Development in Africa thru Tech Hubs
- Kevin on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Omelette on About JuuChini
- Khatib on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- phil on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Sam on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Winfred munguti on Contact us