Adaptrum, a Silicon Valley located start-up company that develops wireless technologies is in tandem with Microsoft to utilize white-spaces that are currently un-used within the space spectrum.
The concept dubbed ‘Super-WiFi’ will take advantage of previously untapped resource that is free bandwidth located in regular TV channel signal allocation. Say for instance the bandwidth allows for 25 channels and only 20 are being used, Super-WiFi will ride on the existing 5 unused channels to transmit broadband to potentially millions of homes around the world.
There is a catch though. You may need to have cable.
The concept of the technology is that it will run seamlessly as long as you have a TV connection in your home. This is by all means a pretty cool idea, right?
This idea is still in the testing phase though and is expected to be in the US market in early 2012. For emerging markets like EastAfrica, we should expect it a year later, probably early to mid of 2013. Read more »
London, UK and Waterloo, ON – Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) and 7digital announced that the 7digital Music Store will come pre-installed* on the BlackBerry® PlayBook™.
The 7digital Music Store to be pre-installed on the BlackBerry PlayBook at launch in the US and Canada with further international roll out in 2011 with the purpose of letting users browse, preview and purchase tracks from a catalogue of over 13 million MP3s.
The 7digital Music Store will enable BlackBerry PlayBook users to access 7digital’s catalogue of over 13 million high quality (320kbps) MP3s. BlackBerry PlayBook users will be able to search for tracks, albums and artists and preview tracks before making a purchase. Users can also discover new music through 7digital’s recommendation technology. Read more »
Everybody likes a good download.
Coming soon are the gospel music sets that you wanna hear.
On the morning of the 25th January you will be able to download shows that played on the 23rd of January.
That-Is-All. J Shall keep you duly posted.
Your Life Companion- Galaxy S4
Indigo, Microsoft, GoK – Mawingu Project
Mozilla Community Stuff:
- Akirachix Mobile Garage 2013: Application Pitches
- Tumblr now Belongs To Yahoo
- 6 Million Galaxy S4 Units Shipped So Far: 42000 A Day in First 4 Days
- SMEs Becoming More CyberEspionage Vulnerable, Symantec
- What Next For Bharti Airtel After Warid Telkom Acquisition?
- New Nokia Asha 501 has Free Data Hook Ups from Facebook
- Google Beba Pay: Is Kenya Ready For Public Transport Debit Cards?
- Laptops for Kenyan Class Ones, Compelling Lessons from Ethiopia
- Respecting IP Laws, Anti Piracy and Why You Need to Use Legit Software
- Warid Telecom Finally Bought by Bharti Airtel – the Before and After
- David Okwii on South Korean KOICA to Build 5.6 Million USD ICT Centre in Kigali, Rwanda
- David Okwii on Microsoft Retiring Windows XP; End Of Support Coming on 8-4-2014
- Twitter 102 | Qube - Digital Agency on Twitter 101.
- Tech Links Around Africa, March 2013 | WhiteAfrican on Intel, iHub partner to Support Mobile App Development in Africa thru Tech Hubs
- Kevin on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Omelette on About JuuChini
- Khatib on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- phil on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Sam on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Winfred munguti on Contact us