Afroes, a creator of uniquely African mobile applications and tools for social development agencies and corporate enterprises keen to spread educational and branded messages across the continent, recently announced that they have decided to use this week’s Mobile Web East Africa 2013 Conference, organised by UK based company All Amber, as a platform for the official Nairobi launch of a mobile phone game designed in conjunction with the Tukuke Initiative for Peace, Haki: Chaguo Ni Lako (which in English translates to Justice: The Choice is Yours), to inspire commitment to peace and tolerance among young Kenyans.
The Nairobi Launch press conference will held on Thursday 21st February at 3PM at the Southern Sun Mayfair. Read more »
The New Year brings with it some good tidings in the name of a Pokki developer contest.
A participant stands a chance to win a cool 30 thousand US Dollars and an all expenses paid trip to the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco next in 2012.
All you have to do is build a new game in HTML5 and other Web technologies (but not using any Flash) and have it approved at the Pokki store before the end of the day February 20, 2012. Games will be judged by a panel of game development managers on gameplay, appeal, polish and overall graphics and sound.
According to the Google Developer Team, in the past year alone, Google guys have met with over 10,000 developers and techies across Sub Saharan Africa and are continually impressed by the ingenuity and enthusiasm of this community in solving real problems with technology.
From applications that crowd-source traffic info to mobile registration of local businesses, handheld devices have taken center stage for consumers and developers in Africa. With a number of countries in the region hovering around 80-90% mobile penetration, mobile is the screen size for the web and the communication experience.
And now that mass is all talking about Google and the Android Development.
Hirai will run a group that merges Sony’s Networked Products and Services division, responsible for PlayStation games and VAIO computers, with the firm’s core electronics such as TV, home video, home audio and digital imaging.
Hirai is a longtime executive with the firm who played a major role in developing Sony‘s PlayStation business in the 1990′s and from April 1 will become Executive Deputy President.
Your Life Companion- Galaxy S4
Indigo, Microsoft, GoK – Mawingu Project
Mozilla Community Stuff:
- The Dadaab No One Tells You About
- Akirachix Mobile Garage 2013: Application Pitches
- Tumblr now Belongs To Yahoo
- 6 Million Galaxy S4 Units Shipped So Far: 42000 A Day in First 4 Days
- SMEs Becoming More CyberEspionage Vulnerable, Symantec
- What Next For Bharti Airtel After Warid Telkom Acquisition?
- New Nokia Asha 501 has Free Data Hook Ups from Facebook
- Google Beba Pay: Is Kenya Ready For Public Transport Debit Cards?
- Laptops for Kenyan Class Ones, Compelling Lessons from Ethiopia
- Respecting IP Laws, Anti Piracy and Why You Need to Use Legit Software
- David Okwii on South Korean KOICA to Build 5.6 Million USD ICT Centre in Kigali, Rwanda
- David Okwii on Microsoft Retiring Windows XP; End Of Support Coming on 8-4-2014
- Twitter 102 | Qube - Digital Agency on Twitter 101.
- Tech Links Around Africa, March 2013 | WhiteAfrican on Intel, iHub partner to Support Mobile App Development in Africa thru Tech Hubs
- Kevin on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Omelette on About JuuChini
- Khatib on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- phil on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Sam on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Winfred munguti on Contact us