The Biblical story of the tower of Babel tells a story about how the whole world once spoke the same language and they intended to build themselves a tall stone step-ladder that could reach the sky. The story then goes that God confused their tongues forcing them to abandon their cause. They were apparently unable to proceed as their common language prompted hem to be able to accomplish a lot.
Much in this way, the inception of Social Media can be projected to have similar impact on people in a way that man can achieve so much if like minded people are grouped together.
The introduction of the internet brought development of man’s communication from the use of traditional media like newspapers and Electronic Media devices like the transistor radio and television sets. Social Media, and new media largely, is arguably the best thing after a bread slicer. Read more »
Nokia East Africa will on 23rd and 24th June 2012 host ‘Nokia Hack’ – A 2 day mobile application development competition. The main aim of the competition will be to challenge participants to develop the best Qt apps. Qt offers a User Interface framework for the development of rich, compelling apps for Nokia smart-phones such as those based on Symbian Belle; the latest software upgrade in the Symbian range.
“Through Nokia Hack, we want to recognize and reward local app developers by giving them a platform to create their best apps with Qt. We will also work closely with them to refine the apps for publishing on Nokia Store and have already seen great traction in East Africa and globally for downloads of these smart-phone apps,” said Peter Karimi, Business Development Manager EDX at Nokia East Africa. Read more »
Your Life Companion- Galaxy S4
Indigo, Microsoft, GoK – Mawingu Project
Mozilla Community Stuff:
- 6 Million Galaxy S4 Units Shipped So Far: 42000 A Day in First 4 Days
- SMEs Becoming More CyberEspionage Vulnerable, Symantec
- What Next For Bharti Airtel After Warid Telkom Acquisition?
- New Nokia Asha 501 has Free Data Hook Ups from Facebook
- Google Beba Pay: Is Kenya Ready For Public Transport Debit Cards?
- Laptops for Kenyan Class Ones, Compelling Lessons from Ethiopia
- Respecting IP Laws, Anti Piracy and Why You Need to Use Legit Software
- Warid Telecom Finally Bought by Bharti Airtel – the Before and After
- The Innovation Prize for Africa Announces its 2013 Finalists
- iKilimo Smart Farming App Coming Soon
- David Okwii on South Korean KOICA to Build 5.6 Million USD ICT Centre in Kigali, Rwanda
- David Okwii on Microsoft Retiring Windows XP; End Of Support Coming on 8-4-2014
- Twitter 102 | Qube - Digital Agency on Twitter 101.
- Tech Links Around Africa, March 2013 | WhiteAfrican on Intel, iHub partner to Support Mobile App Development in Africa thru Tech Hubs
- Kevin on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Omelette on About JuuChini
- Khatib on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- phil on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Sam on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Winfred munguti on Contact us