Blackberry really needs the next best thing. And BB10 OS could very well be it. We thought it was BBX sometime back, LOL. BBX. I actually thought it was *Bee Bee Eex*
Developer Tech reported on their blog that market analysts Vision Mobile, had found BlackBerry developers would earned more per app than iOS and Android developers, with the BlackBerry dev taking home on average $3,853 per month compared to $3,693 for iOS and $2,735 for Android. How true it is, no one really knows.
RIM has granted an opportunity to Kenyan developers to wow them by hosting a Blackberry 10 Developer Jam this Friday, 17th August 2012 at the Ole Sereni Hotel on Mombasa Road. The registrations for the BB Jam are currently ongoing on the BB10 Kenya Jam site. The event is expected to run from 10am to 5pm with those seven hours focused on teaching and informing developers on how BB 10 feels and plays on devices. Issues that will be discussed in this event include:
- The anatomy of a Blackberry 10 App
- Cascades Fundamentals
- Blackberry 10 Cascades samples
- Developing a Blackberry 10 application using the BB 10 NDK
- Advanced tooling on the Native SDK for the Blackberry PlayBook Tablet Read more »
The New Year brings with it some good tidings in the name of a Pokki developer contest.
A participant stands a chance to win a cool 30 thousand US Dollars and an all expenses paid trip to the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco next in 2012.
All you have to do is build a new game in HTML5 and other Web technologies (but not using any Flash) and have it approved at the Pokki store before the end of the day February 20, 2012. Games will be judged by a panel of game development managers on gameplay, appeal, polish and overall graphics and sound.
Your Life Companion- Galaxy S4
Indigo, Microsoft, GoK – Mawingu Project
Mozilla Community Stuff:
- 6 Million Galaxy S4 Units Shipped So Far: 42000 A Day in First 4 Days
- SMEs Becoming More CyberEspionage Vulnerable, Symantec
- What Next For Bharti Airtel After Warid Telkom Acquisition?
- New Nokia Asha 501 has Free Data Hook Ups from Facebook
- Google Beba Pay: Is Kenya Ready For Public Transport Debit Cards?
- Laptops for Kenyan Class Ones, Compelling Lessons from Ethiopia
- Respecting IP Laws, Anti Piracy and Why You Need to Use Legit Software
- Warid Telecom Finally Bought by Bharti Airtel – the Before and After
- The Innovation Prize for Africa Announces its 2013 Finalists
- iKilimo Smart Farming App Coming Soon
- David Okwii on South Korean KOICA to Build 5.6 Million USD ICT Centre in Kigali, Rwanda
- David Okwii on Microsoft Retiring Windows XP; End Of Support Coming on 8-4-2014
- Twitter 102 | Qube - Digital Agency on Twitter 101.
- Tech Links Around Africa, March 2013 | WhiteAfrican on Intel, iHub partner to Support Mobile App Development in Africa thru Tech Hubs
- Kevin on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Omelette on About JuuChini
- Khatib on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- phil on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Sam on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Winfred munguti on Contact us