First of all, this is Twitter. A social network. When did people start taking stuff on the social scene so seriously? For a sizeable number of tweeps, what they post on Twitter doesn’t really hold any water; It would price about as much as bar conversation would. Reason being it is held on a social space that was started to ease and cheapen message across the internet with a 140 character restriction.
A while back I wrote on juuchini Klout is a web service that calculates influence based on tweets, retweets, replies and/or following. A list posted on a WestFm website here had a list of people who apparently have the highest Klout in the Kenyan social scene, hence running Twitter. Unfortunately, this could not be further from the truth. Keen analysis of Social Interaction and how social media survives show a lot of dependence on networks. Networks and how they are controlled is highly complex. Especially user controlled networks like Twitter and Facebook. For instance, how do you measure impressions on Twitter? How do you know how many Twitterati see your tweet? Read more »
The web has taken over how we communicate in so many ways.
You no longer have to remember a birthday as Facebook warns you whenever a loved-one’s birthday is near. Twitter tells you when someone decides to think out loud and post (read tweet) something on their page. LinkedIn keeps you in tandem with your professional crowd and FourSquare lets you know where your friends are via check-in when they share their location.
We are in the 21st Century of the Generation X, humans seem to be moving more and more towards online meet-ups and away from actual physical ones.
Influence is everything. At least to those people who know what it is worth, it is everything.
What you eat, drink, watch, listen to, talk about, wear and even drive is constantly being observed by people and more importantly those who you influence. Facebook calls them friends; Twitter calls them followers while Helloo calls them Listeners (puke!). Read more »
Your Life Companion- Galaxy S4
Indigo, Microsoft, GoK – Mawingu Project
Mozilla Community Stuff:
- Akirachix Mobile Garage 2013: Application Pitches
- Tumblr now Belongs To Yahoo
- 6 Million Galaxy S4 Units Shipped So Far: 42000 A Day in First 4 Days
- SMEs Becoming More CyberEspionage Vulnerable, Symantec
- What Next For Bharti Airtel After Warid Telkom Acquisition?
- New Nokia Asha 501 has Free Data Hook Ups from Facebook
- Google Beba Pay: Is Kenya Ready For Public Transport Debit Cards?
- Laptops for Kenyan Class Ones, Compelling Lessons from Ethiopia
- Respecting IP Laws, Anti Piracy and Why You Need to Use Legit Software
- Warid Telecom Finally Bought by Bharti Airtel – the Before and After
- David Okwii on South Korean KOICA to Build 5.6 Million USD ICT Centre in Kigali, Rwanda
- David Okwii on Microsoft Retiring Windows XP; End Of Support Coming on 8-4-2014
- Twitter 102 | Qube - Digital Agency on Twitter 101.
- Tech Links Around Africa, March 2013 | WhiteAfrican on Intel, iHub partner to Support Mobile App Development in Africa thru Tech Hubs
- Kevin on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Omelette on About JuuChini
- Khatib on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- phil on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Sam on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Winfred munguti on Contact us