Ok. So I’m a live stream guy. And I have been a live stream guy for quite a while. Truth is, I was a live stream guy before live streaming was cool; Before it was Mainstream. You know? Before all media houses in Kenya adopted it. Back then, only one Kenyan media house dominated that space. With them, we live streamed some cool events like Alykhan Satchu’s mindspeak with Museveni, judges vetting with CJ Mutunga at 20th Floor Anniversary Towers, possibly every Centum Investor briefing since mid-2010 with James Mworia, a Coke HYPE event in the bunduz along Lang’ata Road and WordCamp 2011 in Naivasha organized by @raidarmax in November 2011. Oh! Even a small part of Rhino Charge 2011 Gauntlet Challenge; well partly anyway because our Indigo C-Band 1.8 meter dish was severely affected by a Sun Outage deep in the heart of Baringo’s Marigat ‘desert’. Bottom line, you name it (and pay for it) we live streamed it. Read more »
In the last ten years or so, the telecom sector in India has seen a tremendous increase in the number of subscribers. Due to many handset and mobile service providers competing for this large market, the wireless telephone subscriber base has shot up. India is now the second largest consumer in the worldwide telecom market, China being the first.
With this steep rise of users with access to at least basic mobile telephones, comes in the possibility of The Mobile Payment Gateway. Once a very farfetched notion to have the mobile phone act as a wallet, has now become possible with the advent of several mobile service providers offering this feature to their customers at very affordable prices.
A recent entrant to this market is Airtel M Commerce Services Ltd, a fully owned subsidiary of BhartiAirtel. Their new service,
Through a mobile advertising partnership with InMobi, the world’s largest independent mobile ad network, Dealfish is now one of the most visited local web sites in Kenya.
Dealfish, a free, user-friendly online classifieds site for local communities, provides users with a simple and convenient way to buy, sell, rent and find products, services and jobs as part of a like-minded community. Dealfish engaged InMobi to help drive registrations and raise brand awareness in Kenya using highly successful mobile advertising campaigns. The Dealfish site received over 60,000 listings in just 9 months Monthly traffic is currently hundreds of thousands of unique visitors generating millions of page impressions. Read more »
Michael is a young financial banker. He has worked his way up from a simple market analyst earning almost nothing; living on a shoe-string budget. Now he is made. Self made in the corporate world. But he has a problem despite the fact that he makes much money. A culmination of his hard work and determination has a black hole.
He has a girlfriend. Laila. And boy!, Isn’t she pretty. Very pretty. Read more »
Your Life Companion- Galaxy S4
Indigo, Microsoft, GoK – Mawingu Project
Mozilla Community Stuff:
- Akirachix Mobile Garage 2013: Application Pitches
- Tumblr now Belongs To Yahoo
- 6 Million Galaxy S4 Units Shipped So Far: 42000 A Day in First 4 Days
- SMEs Becoming More CyberEspionage Vulnerable, Symantec
- What Next For Bharti Airtel After Warid Telkom Acquisition?
- New Nokia Asha 501 has Free Data Hook Ups from Facebook
- Google Beba Pay: Is Kenya Ready For Public Transport Debit Cards?
- Laptops for Kenyan Class Ones, Compelling Lessons from Ethiopia
- Respecting IP Laws, Anti Piracy and Why You Need to Use Legit Software
- Warid Telecom Finally Bought by Bharti Airtel – the Before and After
- David Okwii on South Korean KOICA to Build 5.6 Million USD ICT Centre in Kigali, Rwanda
- David Okwii on Microsoft Retiring Windows XP; End Of Support Coming on 8-4-2014
- Twitter 102 | Qube - Digital Agency on Twitter 101.
- Tech Links Around Africa, March 2013 | WhiteAfrican on Intel, iHub partner to Support Mobile App Development in Africa thru Tech Hubs
- Kevin on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Omelette on About JuuChini
- Khatib on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- phil on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Sam on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Winfred munguti on Contact us