Nokia today, 10th July 2012, announced the first round of auditions for the upcoming “Don’t Break the Beat” competition. This campaign largely tied to the Nokia Asha range of under 10,000 KES price-point Nokia devices seeks to find the best Cypher among the youth in all of EastAfrica.
Auditions are set to begin on Saturday 14th July 2012 at the National Museums. Once picked, all contestants shortlisted will get a chance to battle it out in public at favourite Nights spots around the city. Read more »
A series of updates of popular BlackBerry® apps will be released over the coming days to make it even easier for users to stay connected with their BBM contacts. Research In Motion (RIM)on the 12th of April announced that Facebook for BlackBerry, Twitter for BlackBerry, BlackBerry Travel™, BlackBerry App World™ and BBM Music will now include BB Messenger connectivity. This would make it easier for users to stay in touch with their contacts, share experiences and content, and discover new things from their BBM contact list.
“Since we provided developers the means to build BBM connectivity into their apps, we have seen more than 800 hundred new BBM-connected apps come to market, which has been followed by a huge uptake by users – about one of every five apps being downloaded on BlackBerry App World is a BBM-connected app,” said Alec Saunders, VP of Developer Relations at RIM. “Today we’re excited to announce that RIM has also integrated BBM connectivity into a number of our own popular apps and the BBM-connected revolution continues to grow.” Read more »
Today, RIM announced the beta availability of BBM Music service in BlackBerry Beta Zone.
BBM Music lets you share, discover, play, and grow your music collections with your BBM friends.
With BBM Music, you can discover and share music with your friends through an evolving community-based music library. The size of your library continues to grow as you add new friends, and you can select music from a catalog with millions of songs.
Key features include:
- >Ability to build a music profile (up to 50 songs) from a catalogue of millions of tracks
- >Invite friends to BBM Music from your BBM contacts
- >Share playlists or single songs with BBM Music friends
- >Create multiple playlists by combining your profile songs plus your BBM Music friends’ profile songs
- >See what new songs your BBM friends have added, view comments, or start up a BBM chat about favorite bands
We have all heard those people who claim to know music. We even have friends who declare that they know everything there is to know about music. But how well do they really know? Can they tell you what song certain lyrics are from? Or the year an album was released or the first single?
If you think you know your music, then you need to get the FreePlay Music Quiz App from the Ovi Store on your Nokia phone. It challenges you in ways you never thought possible and is the best way to test your knowledge of different music genres, from rap to pop, techno and many others. It features questions that range from the year certain albums were released to what movies some songs featured in and so much more. Read more »
London, UK and Waterloo, ON – Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) and 7digital announced that the 7digital Music Store will come pre-installed* on the BlackBerry® PlayBook™.
The 7digital Music Store to be pre-installed on the BlackBerry PlayBook at launch in the US and Canada with further international roll out in 2011 with the purpose of letting users browse, preview and purchase tracks from a catalogue of over 13 million MP3s.
The 7digital Music Store will enable BlackBerry PlayBook users to access 7digital’s catalogue of over 13 million high quality (320kbps) MP3s. BlackBerry PlayBook users will be able to search for tracks, albums and artists and preview tracks before making a purchase. Users can also discover new music through 7digital’s recommendation technology. Read more »
Everybody likes a good download.
Coming soon are the gospel music sets that you wanna hear.
On the morning of the 25th January you will be able to download shows that played on the 23rd of January.
That-Is-All. J Shall keep you duly posted.
Your Life Companion- Galaxy S4
Indigo, Microsoft, GoK – Mawingu Project
Mozilla Community Stuff:
- Akirachix Mobile Garage 2013: Application Pitches
- Tumblr now Belongs To Yahoo
- 6 Million Galaxy S4 Units Shipped So Far: 42000 A Day in First 4 Days
- SMEs Becoming More CyberEspionage Vulnerable, Symantec
- What Next For Bharti Airtel After Warid Telkom Acquisition?
- New Nokia Asha 501 has Free Data Hook Ups from Facebook
- Google Beba Pay: Is Kenya Ready For Public Transport Debit Cards?
- Laptops for Kenyan Class Ones, Compelling Lessons from Ethiopia
- Respecting IP Laws, Anti Piracy and Why You Need to Use Legit Software
- Warid Telecom Finally Bought by Bharti Airtel – the Before and After
- David Okwii on South Korean KOICA to Build 5.6 Million USD ICT Centre in Kigali, Rwanda
- David Okwii on Microsoft Retiring Windows XP; End Of Support Coming on 8-4-2014
- Twitter 102 | Qube - Digital Agency on Twitter 101.
- Tech Links Around Africa, March 2013 | WhiteAfrican on Intel, iHub partner to Support Mobile App Development in Africa thru Tech Hubs
- Kevin on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Omelette on About JuuChini
- Khatib on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- phil on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Sam on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Winfred munguti on Contact us