Some of you may not know Matt Biddulph; which is okay. But if you’re a StartUp Engineer or you aspire to one day sell a startup to a VC and you do not know Matt, then you’re not way in over your head like you should be. I recently had the opportunity to meet him at Science HackDay at 88 MPH at Piedmont Plaza, just above BrewBistro a few weekends back.
Matt is a software designer and creative technologist, like he says in HackDiary bio. He is also a former Nokia employee where he worked as head of Strategy on the Ovi Product Development. What really placed him on the tech-map is his acquisition story where his co-creation, Dopplr created in 2007, was bought out by Nokia back in September 2009 only 2 years after its inception. He previously worked at BBC and Ananova. He was also key in securing funding for Lanyrd to the tune of $1.4Million USD.
Here’s a casual interview I had with Matt during his visit in Kenya:
Juuchini: How are you enjoying your stay here so far Matt? Read more »
”When are saloz checking in?” – That is the question on almost everyone’s mind at the end of a long month where the days seem to last longer than the money in our bank accounts. It normally follows a splurge-full spending during the month after having indulged in one too many the nyama-choma plan or shopping trip to ‘reward self after working so hard’. In an economy where jobs are no longer really assured with each passing month, it is rather important to account for all the coins you put out there as routine and non-routine spend.
All the unscheduled coffee and then a random movie plan with friends, ‘let’s do nyama since its Friday,’ ‘Wow, I’ve gotta have this bag now-now’ should be shelved until when you have actually put them in your budget. This is what is called responsible expense tracking. Read more »
Nokia has finally unveiled shipping dates for the release of its Symbian^3 Anna software update for current devices, including the Nokia N8, E7, C7, and C6 smartphones. While the software is pre-loaded on newer devices that have just begun to ship–like the Nokia X7 and Nokia E6–current flagships have to wait for Anna to hit. The N8, E7, C7, and C6 will officially ship with Anna pre-loaded out of the box in July, according to Nokia, and current owners who have bought devices without Anna will have to wait until the end of August for a software update to roll out. Read more »
Michael is a young financial banker. He has worked his way up from a simple market analyst earning almost nothing; living on a shoe-string budget. Now he is made. Self made in the corporate world. But he has a problem despite the fact that he makes much money. A culmination of his hard work and determination has a black hole.
He has a girlfriend. Laila. And boy!, Isn’t she pretty. Very pretty. Read more »
Your Life Companion- Galaxy S4
Indigo, Microsoft, GoK – Mawingu Project
Mozilla Community Stuff:
- The Dadaab No One Tells You About
- Akirachix Mobile Garage 2013: Application Pitches
- Tumblr now Belongs To Yahoo
- 6 Million Galaxy S4 Units Shipped So Far: 42000 A Day in First 4 Days
- SMEs Becoming More CyberEspionage Vulnerable, Symantec
- What Next For Bharti Airtel After Warid Telkom Acquisition?
- New Nokia Asha 501 has Free Data Hook Ups from Facebook
- Google Beba Pay: Is Kenya Ready For Public Transport Debit Cards?
- Laptops for Kenyan Class Ones, Compelling Lessons from Ethiopia
- Respecting IP Laws, Anti Piracy and Why You Need to Use Legit Software
- David Okwii on South Korean KOICA to Build 5.6 Million USD ICT Centre in Kigali, Rwanda
- David Okwii on Microsoft Retiring Windows XP; End Of Support Coming on 8-4-2014
- Twitter 102 | Qube - Digital Agency on Twitter 101.
- Tech Links Around Africa, March 2013 | WhiteAfrican on Intel, iHub partner to Support Mobile App Development in Africa thru Tech Hubs
- Kevin on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Omelette on About JuuChini
- Khatib on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- phil on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Sam on The Intel – Safaricom YOLO! Smartphone – a Quick Review
- Winfred munguti on Contact us